Are you a mighty warrior?
Laurel Lightfoot certainly is. This Mama Elf goes to great lengths to make sure her two boys are safe during their quest for more time with their dad. And who can blame her! I think every Mama has that mighty warrior inside of her- something many of us are especially learning right now during COVID-19.
In the beginning of the movie, Ian opens the fridge to find pre-prepared pigs-in-a-blanket for his birthday party. Let’s take a moment and admire how Laurel is making sure her son’s sixteenth birthday is underway before it’s truly underway.
Pigs-in-a-blanket are an easy thing to make. Whether you’re making a snack, appetizer, or want an easy finger-food-friendly dinner- they’re something we probably have a little too often in my house. My dragons love to dip them in ketchup and mustard at the same time, while my husband is a purest with mustard.
I, however, love to make a special dipping sauce- which I am sharing with you below! It’s a real crowd pleaser, too. (Once we can congregate again, that is.) Hope you enjoy!
Laurel Lightfoot’s PIGS-IN-A-BLANKET with Special Dipping Sauce!
Inspired by Disney Pixar’s ONWARD
(Makes around 48)
- 2 packages of Li’l Smokies (your choice on beef, turkey, etc.)
- 2 packages of Pillsbury Crescents (original or butter are our favorite!)
SPECIAL DIPPING SAUCE:
- 3-6 TBSP Ketchup
- 3 -6TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
*Optional: Add 1-2 tsp of Frank’s Hot Sauce to add some spice to it!
- Preheat your oven to 350 (or the temperature for your crescents if you didn’t buy Pillsbury).
- While your oven is preheating, coat your baking sheet with parchment paper (makes cleanup so much easier!) and roll out your crescents. Cut each triangle into three sections, then wrap a li’l smoky in each smaller section.
- Once finished cutting and wrapping your pigs, place the sheet in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- While your pigs are cooking, mix the ingredients for your special dipping sauce! Base the amount of each ingredient on how many people will be partaking and your tastebuds. Personally, I always do equal amount ketchup and Worcestershire sauce (3 & 3) with 1 tsp of hot sauce.
Want to make these extra special? Use sword toothpicks like those pictured in the movie! You can find them on Amazon.
Ian and Barley enjoy some Cheesy Puffs (aka Cheetos Puffs) along their quest, and they go great with pigs-in-a-blanket.
Don’t forget to make your Wizard Hats and Staffs for even more magic!
One Reply to “Laurel Lightfoot’s PIGS-IN-A-BLANKET with Special Dipping Sauce!”