I was so excited to do some Peter Pan snacks for our movie viewing. These are easy to prep, with or without little helpers, and make you feel like you’re in Neverland with Wendy, Peter, Tink, and the rest of the gang.
SURPRISE! An extra treat to throw in with the rest. These are very, very easy.
- pretzels (any kind will work! we used snaps)
- white melting chocolates
- Wilton Sanding Sugars (we used gold)
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Line your cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper and set aside. In this case, we used wax paper.
- Melt your chocolates by following the directions on the bag/box. (We used around 3/4 C of melting chocolates and ended up with 28 pretzels.) We had to mix ours quite a few times before they finally melted!
- Mix sanding sprinkles into your melted chocolate. We used 1tsp per 1/2 C of melting chocolates- so in this case, 3/4 tsp.
- Dip your pretzels and cover them completely in chocolate. Transfer them to your cookie sheet so they can set.
- That’s it! Now, while these are setting, let’s make the next part.
Lost Boys Trail Mix
Serves 4-8 people, depending on serving size
- 3/4 C Pre-shelled Pistachios
- 1.6 oz bag of Bare Apple & Strawberry chips
- 1/2 C- 3/4 C Salted Cashews
- 2 oz of Dried Mango
- Mix all your ingredients together.
- TA-DAH! That’s it. Easy, peasy.
I picked out earthy-toned snacks that my dragons love to go in this mix so it looks like things the Lost Boys in Peter Pan would find in Neverland!
If you have raisin lovers, I would suggest adding yogurt-covered raisins to add something a little sweet. I’m personally one of those people that won’t eat trail mix that doesn’t have something sweet in it.
Another fun add would be banana chips or sugared pineapple (my dragons don’t like either).
Serves around 4-8 people depending on serving size
(I highly suggest not putting this together until right before you’re going to serve it.)
- 2.5 C pineapple juice
- 2 C Sprite (gingerale or sierra mist would work, too)
- 2 Outshine Lime popsicles
- 1-2 TBSP Sanding Sugar Sprinkles
- In a pitcher/punch bowl, add your pineapple juice and two popsicles.
- Add your sprite next. This is going to create some serious foam/bubbles!
- Add your sprinkles LAST. This gives you the true pixie-dust affect.
Serve all your yummy snacks together as you watch Peter Pan. Don’t forget to wear your Peter Pan and Pirate hats, too!
2 Replies to “Pixie Punch & Lost Boys Trail Mix”