Our Moana day wouldn’t be complete without some tropical recipes, not to mention all the coconut my dragons would allow.
Fact: 1/3 of my dragons loves coconut, as do I and the hubby.
Fact: 2/3 of my dragons don’t care for coconut. I don’t know what’s wrong with them.
If you’re like the majority of my dragons, you can skip on down to our delicious smoothie recipe. But first, for the coconut lovers.
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C milk
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 C unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 C sweetened coconut, plus extra for sprinkling
– Use 1/2 C of Coconut Milk
– Nix the egg and add an extra 1/4 C of coconut oil.
- Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your oven pan with liners or cooking oil or both.
- Whisk together your coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and milk
- Add your sugar, salt, baking power, and flour. Mix well. The batter will seem a little thick, but trust me- it’s perfect.
- Mix in your coconut!
- Scoop the mix into your muffin pan. How much you put into the cups will determine how big your muffins are.
*For our muffins, we did 6 muffins as described, then added 1/4 white chocolate chips to the other six. Semi-sweet chocolate chips also taste delicious! You can add these before scooping any muffins, and then I’d add between 1/2-2/3 C chocolate or white chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle extra coconut on top if desired.
- Bake the muffins for 18-22 minutes, until they look golden on the sides and the coconut on top looks nice and golden/crispy. Let them sit a minute before digging in!
Moana’s Mango Smoothie
- 6oz pineapple juice
- 1 C coconut water with pineapple (this makes it sweeter- but you can use any variety of Coconut water!)
- 2 C frozen mango
- 2 very ripe bananas
- Add all the ingredients to the blender, putting the juice and coconut water in first (this makes it easier to blend).
- Cover it up and blend until there are no chunks in the smoothie.
- Serve and enjoy!
Enjoying these two snacks together gives your tastebuds a tropical getaway! Perfect to enjoy while watching Moana. Don’t forget to check out our Hei Hei Craft for your Moana day as well!
One Reply to “Coconut Muffins and Moana’s Mango Smoothie”