One of my favorite scenes in Sleeping Beauty is when the fairies are fighting over what color to make Aurora’s dress. Whether you’re team pink or blue, these cookies will satisfy both parties!
- Pre-made sugar cookie dough
- Pink food dye
- Blue food dye
- Follow the preheating directions on your cookie dough. The pillsbury dough I used had you preheat the oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with Parchment Paper if you have it.
- Split the cookie dough in half. I had the actual cookie cut dough (it’s all our store had), so I split it 12 & 12.
- Dye half of your dough blue, the other pink. Once dyed, let them rest in the fridge for around 10 minutes (at least).
- Once your dough isn’t sticky, roll out each color. I found putting it between two pieces of wax or parchment paper was extremely helpful to keep it from sticking! Using a little flour should work, too. Keep in mind this could mess with your color scheme slightly.
- Put your doughs together and trip the sides so you have a nice rectangle/circle that is even with pink and blue. Carefully roll them up to make a swirl of pink and blue dough.
- Let your dough rest again, in the fridge if possible. Afterwards, cut your cookies into 1/4-1/2 inch circles. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake according to your dough instructions. Ours took around 10-12 minutes!
* Don’t expect perfection for all! We had plenty of “reject” cookies that were still beautiful and fun.
Enjoy! Don’t forget to make Maleficent horns for those who want to switch it up!
3 Replies to “Make them Pink! Make them Blue! Sugar Cookies”
I had to click on the Maleficent horns link. I am totally expecting a future blog post from you about making Maleficent Horn Cookies.
Challenge accepted! I would love to try my hand at Maleficent cookies.