Disney’s Live Action Mulan release day has been delayed…again. While this new Mulan doesn’t have the music or Mushu magic of the original, it looks more than promising. We have been hoping that Disney would follow their trend of releasing it to Disney+ amidst the covid craziness, but no such luck.
To celebrate the upcoming new film, even if we don’t get to see it for who knows how long, we decided to have a Mulan Disney Day- and it started with making our very own Mushu craft.
- Toilet Paper Rolls
- Googly Eyes
- Red, Yellow, and Orange Tissue Paper, cut into strips
- Tape or Glue
- Start by painting your toilet paper rolls! You can just color them if you don’t want to wait on paint to dry, but my little guys always prefer to paint when they can.
- While the tubes are drying, you can let the kiddos cut the tissue paper into strips. This takes up time! However, if you want to do this as prep beforehand- that works, too.
- Once the tubes are dry, they can tape or glue the strips into one end of it. You don’t want the strips to be too long, or else the fun of them blowing through to make Mushu “breathe fire” won’t work!
- Use two small circles at the end of the tube to represent nostrils, and two somewhat larger ones near the end without the strips as eyes. We added googly eyes because, why not?
When they blow through the end without the strips, the strips should go out like a party-blower and make Mushu look like he’s breathing fire! The dragons had fun being “actual” dragons for most of the day.
One Reply to “Fire-Breathing Mushu Craft”