Can you go camping without s’mores? If you said yes, I’m not sure you’re telling the truth. Because- are you really camping if you don’t have s’mores?
When you watch Disney Pixar’s Up, one thing that Russell has that keeps Kevin (the bird) in check, is chocolate. And since Up is the endless adventure that reminds me of camping, I thought something with S’mores would be a very fitting dessert with the movie!
These cookie cups are super easy and delicious. The cookies can be filled with anything, but since they have a good graham cracker taste to them- they are the best with a small piece of a Hershey bar, and marshmallows. Let’s do this.
S’mores Cookie Cups
- 1 C butter
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 3/4 C Brown Sugar (unpacked)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 C unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Hershey Bars
- Marshmallows *minis work best but 1/2 of the giant marshmallows, as pictures, gives it a nice look as well
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a mini muffin tray.
- Beat your butter until fluffy, then blend in your sugars with a mixer (standing or handheld).
- Add your eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- Add your dry ingredients and then blend nicely.
- Use a heaping tablespoon or medium cookie-scooper to fill your cups in the muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 11 to 13 minutes. Do not let them get TOO brown around the edges, but a good light brown/golden shade.
- When you remove them from the oven, immediately use a small circular object (a shot glass works best if you have it- but a canister of paint is pictured) to indent the cookies, making your “cup”.
- Remove from muffin tin carefully and let cool slightly.
- Add your piece of Hershey and marshmallows. Microwave it for 10 seconds or so when ready to serve so your chocolate and marshmallow are nice and gooey!
One Reply to “S’mores Cookie Cups”