Beauty and the Beast is a beautiful, classic Disney film. At least, the animated one is classic. The live action Beauty and the Beast can be loved or not-so-loved by devoted fans. I think it just depends on who you talk to.
Beauty and the Beast is a “princess movie” that my dragons especially don’t mind. Maybe it’s because of the different cast of characters, or relating to Beast’s temper- but whatever the case, they were all excited when we were doing our Disney day for it.
These paper roses can take a minute to get the hang of, but they are so much fun to put together.
- Pipe Cleaners (preferably just green, but any color will do!)
- Tissue Paper in various colors (or just red or white if you want to be traditional)
- Tape or Glue, as needed
- Start by cutting your tissue paper into strips, anywhere from 1 to 2 inches wide. I found doing two inches was a bit too thick, so we stuck to around 1-1.5 inches.
- Fold one corner of your paper down over the end of a pipe cleaner. For the littles, I taped this so it would stay put and they wouldn’t have to pinch the paper as much as I did.
- Start rolling. You can roll the paper straight, making it look like a rosebud, or you can fluff the paper out as you go (kind of folding it/ twisting it as you roll) to make it look more like an open rose.
- Pinch it at the end. If you have any twisty-ties, like you would use on a bag of bread, these would be handy to pinch it. However, we didn’t so we used a sliver of tape to keep the roses in place.
- Display your gorgeous creations in a small vase! The dragons loved doing these more than I thought they would, and we ended up with close to a dozen.
2 Replies to “Beast’s Paper Roses”