When we watched Inside Out, we did homemade pizza. Now, with Soul, we are sharing our homemade pizza sauce recipe!
Someone at Pixar must be passionate about pizza, much like 22 in Soul.
This sauce is super easy and can be made with things most people will have on hand!
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 TBSP Oregano (add more to taste)
- 2 TBSP Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or garlic powder)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- – 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP sugar
* You can add 6oz tomato paste to make this sauce thicker and it works like a dream. I did not have any on hand at the time of making it this round, but when I have it- I use it.
- Add your sauce, seasonings, and sugar to a small pot. Heat over medium heat on the stove.
- Whisk it all together. Once the sauce begins bubbling/boiling, turn it off immediately.
- The sauce does not have to cool before applying to your pizza crust (check out our homemade pizza dough recipe to make this easy and complete!)
- Put your leftovers in a jar and save it for another time!
Voila! Homemade sauce that is easy and delicious. My kids always say they prefer our homemade stuff to the store-bought kind.
One Reply to “Homemade Pizza Sauce”