Everybody, everybody, everybody wants to be a cat! (Or a mouse….)
Who loves The Aristocats? I’ve found a decent split when I typically talk to friends about this Disney classic, but it is one I remember very fondly from my childhood. I always get excited when the dragons want to watch this one.
In the movie, Roquefort the mouse dips a biscuit into the creme. Knowing that this isn’t a biscuit as Americans are it, we opted to make some butter cookies!
– 3 egg yolks (no egg whites!)
– 1/2 C powdered/confectioners sugsr
– 1/2 C softened butter
– 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
– 1.25 C flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– Preheat your oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray.
– Whisk together your egg yokes and powdered sugar until it makes a sort of yellow paste. Add in your butter and vanilla and continue to whisk until well combined and thick.
– Add your flour and baking powder. Mix until thoroughly combined to make a nice dough.
– Prepare a space with wax or parchment paper, sprinkled with flour, and roll out your dough. We used circle cookie cutters to mimic Roquefort’s biscuit in the cookie… and also made a few Mickey shaped ones because, why not?
I used a butter knife to make the marks in the cookie.
– Bake cookies for 22-25 minutes. I did 25 to start and a few of our biscuits got … toasty. I would suggest checking in them starting at 20 minutes!
When they’re done baking, move them immediately to a cooling rack so they don’t get to crispy.
You might want to dip them in something sweet like coffee, tee, Creme de la Creme a la Edgar…
Second recipe coming Monday!
3 Replies to “Roquefort’s Biscuits (The Aristocats)”