Sorry this post is coming to you late. I swear this summer has taken me by surprise more than usual (even though today is TECHNICALLY the first true day of summer). But not to worry. Hopefully it should be smoother from here!
In Ralph Breaks The Internet, Venellope and Ralph, as well as Ralph and Felix, enjoy their root beer floats at the local watering hole. Rather than make traditional root beer floats, I decided we would spice things up and make Root Beer Muffins!
These turned out better than planned. Also, the root beer flavor wasn’t overpowering- so even one of my dragon’s friends who doesn’t like root beer enjoyed these muffins.
– 2.5 C flour
– 1/4 C Cornstarch
– 1.25 C Sugar
– 2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 12oz Root Beer
– 1/4 C Canola/ Vegetable Oil
– 3 Eggs
* Glaze Ingredients:
– 1/2 C to 2/3 Powdered/Confectioners Sugar
– 3 to 4 TBSP Root Beer
– Raw/ Turbinado Sugar
– Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your muffin tin with liners or cooking spray (or both!).
– Stir together all your ingredients (except those for the glaze).
– Bake for 20-25 minutes.
– While they’re baking, make your glaze by whisking together the ingredients and making adjustments as needed.
– When the muffins are done, move them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. After the muffins have cooled, use a toothpick or something similar to poke small holes into the tops of the muffins.
– Carefully put 1 tsp- 1 TBSP of glaze on each muffin. Sprinkle turbinado/raw sugar on top for extra flavor.
Top with a dollop of reddi whip/cool whip to add a root-beer-float-feel. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to check out the Graham Cracker Go Karts we made, too!
One Reply to “Root Beer Muffins (Ralph Breaks The Internet)”