We made banana muffins in honor of Tarzan and all his animal friends! Did you know gorillas actually eat over 100 types of fruit? (Check out the free printable we had for our Tarzan day for more gorilla facts!)
This is a recipe we have made sooooo many times. They are sweet and absolutely perfect. I personally don’t need the white/semisweet chocolate chips, but the dragons love them that way.
– 1.5 C flour
– 1/2 C – 2-3C sugar *I used to make these with 1C of sugar and it was just too sweet. If you’re adding chips, I suggest doing just 1/2C*
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 3 very ripe bananas
– 1 large egg
– 1/3 C vegetable oil
– 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
– Preheat your oven to 350°
– Put all your ingredients in a standing mixer bowl or mixing bowl. Use a mixer to blend together nicely.
*You can separate your wet and dry ingredients if you like, but I have done it both ways and can tell you it has made no difference with this recipe.*
– Prep your muffin pan with liners & cooking spray. Use a medium scoop (between 2-4 TBSP) of batter in each liner/muffin.
– Top with chips, nuts, or toppings of your choosing.
– Bake for 18-22 minutes. I usually start at 20 and add minutes as needed.
Enjoy with your Tarzan day!
One Reply to “Trashin’ the Camp Banana Muffins”