This year is off to a magical start as my family counts down to another Disney trip! I’m determined to share more of our Disney day magic with you all. Thank you so much for sticking around as I take my breaks. This blog is such an outlet, but staying consistent isn’t always easy!
Let’s get to it.
Since Encanto came out over a year ago, we have enjoyed many an arepa. I have to admit we hadn’t had them before, but now they are requested for just about any occasion- and they are so easy to make! Am I promising magical healing? No. But you’ll make some hungry littles very happy!
Arepas con Queso
– 2 Cups P. A.N. or pre-cooked cornmeal
– 1.5 C warm water
– 1/2 C milk
– 1tsp+ of sea salt
– 1 C mozzarella or a soft cheese, shredded
– In a large bowl or standing mixer, slowly stir together the P.A.N., warm water, and milk. Slowly add the liquids to help evenly mix the ingredients.
It might seem slightly goopy. Don’t be alarmed. Just make sure it mixes well. If it’s too sticky (doesn’t hold its shape) add P.A.N. in TBSP increments.
– Measure our around 2TBSP of dough. Roll it into a ball, and then use your palms to flatten it to be about .25” thick.
There is always background noise in my house. And this video is being used for a reel, so you need that snap 😂.
– Sprinkle cheese on the formed circle, and then top it with another 2TBSP circle of dough. Pinch the sides.
– Using a pre-heated cast-iron skillet or regular skillet lined with butter or oil, place the patties in the skillet and pan-fry each side around 2-3 minutes.
– The cheese should be melted in the center. I sprinkled some extra salt on top and we ate these with some beans and guacamole!