It has been a long time, but here we are again! We are celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Disney’s Hercules with an inspired Disney Day.
As I posted a sneak-peak reel on Instagram, I thought we’d start with this amazing recipe. It’s also positively perfect for the summer. So let’s get to it.
Zero to Hero Chicken Kabobs
- 1-2 lb of chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice (I use fresh if I have it on hand)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1.5 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme (or ground)
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- salt and pepper
- 2 large bell peppers (we used green and yellow, but we have used red and orange before, too), cut into pieces for kabobs
- 1 large red onion, cut into pieces for kabobs
- 3 zucchini, cut into pieces for kabobs
- In a bowl, mix together your olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, coriander, and season with salt/pepper to taste. Whisk it all together to create your marinade. Place chicken into marinade in a sealed ziplock bag or sealed bowl. Let sit for 45 minutes to two hours. If you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for 30 minutes.
- Toss veggies in extra olive oil to prep them for grilling. Once your chicken has marinaded, put everything on your skewers. Use a basting brush to brush the veggies with leftover marinade from your bowl or bag.
- Preheat your grill over medium-high heat. Once it’s ready, brush grill with olive oil and place skewers on grill. Grill until chicken registers 165 with meat thermometer. This will be about 10-12 minutes. Rotate your kabobs halfway through cooking.
Easy and delicious! Serve these with some yummy tzatziki sauce and homemade pita!
Stay tuned for more fun from our Hercules day!