We first bought Wreck It Ralph at a Best Buy when our oldest dragon came across it and remembered his cousin had told him how good it was. It was then played on repeat for a solid month.
Fast forward some years and Ralph Breaks The Internet is coming to theaters and I got to take the same obsessed dragon to see it on a ‘date’. He still talks about it.
Now both films are family favorites, so we had a lot of fun creating snacks for our Disney Days for both movies.
We started with making Graham Cracker Go Karts. While they weren’t Sugar Rush worthy, they were definitely a fun snack to build & eat. The dragons suggested using candy next time to make them even better.
We shall see.
Root Beer is a favorite in our house and it was so perfect for Ralph Breaks The Internet since we saw multiple characters enjoying it! I decided making these muffins would be something fun and different (not to mention easier to eat while watching the movie)!
I really want to dress baby girl up as Venellope for one Halloween. Wouldn’t that be fun?
What Disney days would you love to see on the blog?
Sorry this post is coming to you late. I swear this summer has taken me by surprise more than usual (even though today is TECHNICALLY the first true day of summer). But not to worry. Hopefully it should be smoother from here!
In Ralph Breaks The Internet, Venellope and Ralph, as well as Ralph and Felix, enjoy their root beer floats at the local watering hole. Rather than make traditional root beer floats, I decided we would spice things up and make Root Beer Muffins!
These turned out better than planned. Also, the root beer flavor wasn’t overpowering- so even one of my dragon’s friends who doesn’t like root beer enjoyed these muffins.
– 2.5 C flour
– 1/4 C Cornstarch
– 1.25 C Sugar
– 2 tsp Baking Powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 12oz Root Beer
– 1/4 C Canola/ Vegetable Oil
– 3 Eggs
* Glaze Ingredients:
– 1/2 C to 2/3 Powdered/Confectioners Sugar
– 3 to 4 TBSP Root Beer
– Raw/ Turbinado Sugar
– Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your muffin tin with liners or cooking spray (or both!).
– Stir together all your ingredients (except those for the glaze).
– Bake for 20-25 minutes.
– While they’re baking, make your glaze by whisking together the ingredients and making adjustments as needed.
– When the muffins are done, move them to a cooling rack and let them cool completely. After the muffins have cooled, use a toothpick or something similar to poke small holes into the tops of the muffins.
– Carefully put 1 tsp- 1 TBSP of glaze on each muffin. Sprinkle turbinado/raw sugar on top for extra flavor.
Top with a dollop of reddi whip/cool whip to add a root-beer-float-feel. Enjoy!
Wreck It Ralph is a movie my dragons love. We bought the first one on a fluke, when my oldest wanted the dvd and had been so patient while we shopped for a TV (like 5-6 years ago). We said yes, and have never regretted that decision.
When the second one came out, I got to take my oldest to see it- just the two of us. It was so special. I value those memories.
For our Wreck It Ralph day, we knew we had to do something with race cars. We didn’t have a lot of candy on hand, so decided to make the go karts out of simple things we pretty much always have in the house.
– Graham Crackers
– Peanut Butter (or frosting, or something similar)
– Pretzel Sticks
– Marshmallows (or banana pieces work well, too)
– Brewk your Graham cracker in half and spread peanut butter on both halves.
– Put the marshmallows on one end of the pretzel sticks and then alternate the pretzel sticks on one half of the Graham cracker with the marshmallows on the outside.
– Put your other Graham cracker on top, peanut butter side down.
BAM. Easy and delicious. You could add chocolate or candy to this and decorate like they do in the movie, but we wanted to keep ours simple.
My youngest dragon just ate all the parts of his separately. He is not a huge peanut butter person and he doesn’t appreciate messes like my oldest two.
Who is enjoying all the summer fun now? We made a reasonable bucket list and can’t wait to check the things off. Comment and tell me a Disney movie that gives you all the summer vibes!