We can’t do winter without making several batches of these cookies. They’re a big crowd pleaser, and we always give them away to neighbors and friends.
I wasn’t sure if giving them away was an option this year. With Covid-19, we don’t want to spread more germs and I didn’t know if our neighbors would be as keen to receive cookies made by little dragons who aren’t always the best at washing their hands, despite being told several times to do so.
But, we didn’t want to continue feeling like Scrooge, so I said: let’s do it.
– 1 C salted butter
– 1 C sugar
– 2/3 C brown sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1.5 tsp vanilla
– 3 1/4 C all purpose, unbleached flour
– 4 packs of hot chocolate mix
(I used swiss miss, which are just under 1oz, but up to 1oz packets works!)
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
-1.5 – 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
optional: for half of the batch I added the mint chocolate chips, because, well, I love mint chocolate!
-1/2 C – 1 C mini marshmallows
optional: if you have the time, freeze the marshmallows so they are easier to mix in to the mix. However, your cookies won’t be quite as gooey if you freeze them.
– Preheat your oven to 350. Prep 1-2 baking sheets with parchment paper. *you really want to use parchment paper if you have it because of how the marshmallows can melt out of the cookies!
– Blend together: butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
– In a separate bowl, mix together your: flour, baking soda, salt, and hot chocolate. Then add this mix to your butter mix.
– Stir in your chocolate chips and marshmallows. You can also add caramel chips or broken up candy canes to these and it tastes AMAZING.
– Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
Have you gotten your Bah Humbugs yet? We are closer to our Christmas Carol day details! Don’t forget to follow on Instagram or like DIY Disney Days on Facebook so you never miss any “extras.”